Tuesday, February 8, 2011 A Little Online Resumé Help

So, I was reading on LifeHacker a little while ago, and I found something that is interesting and could be useful. There is a program (webapp, really) on the internet that will give your resumé a grade. It doesn't replace people, but it can give you some good advice about words you use too often, or the overall tone of your resumé.

With the Career Fair next week (Wednesday 16th) this is a great way to make some improvements before you head over to Career Services. Enjoy!











Here are the links to the article and the website:
http://lifehacker.com/#!5719489/rezscore-grades-your-resumes-and-offers-free-advice
http://rezscore.com/
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us

3 comments:

Mallory Cole said...

This is pretty awesome and useful. Saves me a trip to the career center.

Kellie B said...

Wow, I guess my resume wasn't as good as I thought. I got a D-. :(

Brandi Miller said...

That's pretty cool! I don't have a resume right now (well... I made one my freshman year, but so much has changed since then that it's extremely outdated), but it might be useful when I do. I'm curious how well it works. I'm also curious if it applies to different fields. Different fields focus on different aspects in a resume, and different things that should be included, so I'm curious if that comes into account.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Caleb's Page
Carbon 12 Blogger template by Blogger Bits. Supported by Bloggermint